Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Patch Day Jitters

Happy 4.0.1 day everyone! Today we get to see how prepared we actually were, and how unprepared our competitors are. My main competitor told me last night (after buying out my stock of charred glyphs) that he didn’t feel he was ready and he was worried about how long crafting was going to take him after the patch 

As whitewolf said, I don’t think its possible for anyone to have over prepared for this day, if anything we under prepared. The only thing we have to worry about at this point is posting our glyphs so high that your average Joe will go to his buddy to make them for free.

Some tips for today when you log in:
1) Learn and craft the new glyphs! The first one to have these on the AH will have the most sales. 90% of the scribes probably aren’t aware they exist. I made a list of them, and you can find it here: http://20kleveling.com/JMTCforum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7961
2) Move your fallback higher than you think you need to. Believe it or not, people will spend 300g on a glyph when there is nothing else available.
3) Post the new inscription dust that the glyph supply vendor sells for a grossly overpriced margin.
4) Triple check (you should have already double checked) that you have the correct fixes for your add-ons – if not, have fun posting everything manually!

Just to remind everyone, I am keeping track of my guild bank gold amount over in the side toolbar to the right. I started at 80k last night when I logged off. I’ve had a few people also ask me how much gold I invested in this patch… well, I spent about 85k to make my 31606 glyphs.

Feel free to post your first day profits in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment